• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

another oil leak

1096xj

NAXJA Forum User
Ok. well i replaced my rear main and valve cover gasket about a year ago. Now its leaking again. Worse than before! Now the question is....Where is it coing from? the valve cover or rear main? How can i tell, this thing is leaking like the Exxon Valdese. When i stop at a light it looks like the jeeps on fire as it is dripping right on the exhaust. i just want to take off the valve cover and glue it back on with RTV.

Make sure your oil dipstick is pushed in all the way. If not oil can be blown out of it from blowby (If you trucks old and shitty like mine)

First off, retighten the valve cover bolts, second step is clean the motor so all the oil is off of it. Once it leaks again find the highest spot on the motor with oil on it then look, oil leaks down not up. Could also be the O rings on the oil filter mounting boss. Might want to check your oil pan bolts too...

Back