• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another AW4 shifting story

snyder

NAXJA Forum User
My tranny does the typical failure of o/d stays in 4th, 3 is 3rd, and 1/2 is one. I checked my fuses and I have power to the TCM. With the TCM unplugged I have 5.6 ohms at c14, and c15 and zero ohms at c16. With the TCM plugged in I have voltage to pin c16. Is c16 first gear soleniod? IF so it sounds like its crap and the others are on there way out too? Or am I overlooking something?

I don't understand the problem.

Are you saying that when you put the shifter into 1-2 it'll stay in 1 and when you put it in 3 it stays in 3 and o/d will stay in o/d no matter what speed you are going? If so it sounds like your TCM is the culprit.

If I'm at a dead stop, in o/d the tranny won't downshift into first unless I manually shift it. The tcm is ok, I checked it by replacing it with a good one and same cituation.

Yes C16 is the solenoid that needs to engage to give you 1st gear. Sounds like it may be bad. Actually the 5.6 ohms is too low as well. Spec is 11-15 ohms I believe.

Back