• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hazards Stopped '99

Crabapple

NAXJA Forum User
Hazards stopped working on my '99. Turn signals still work fine. I've pretty much narrowed it down to the combo flasher by searching, but one thread brought up the fact that if Turn Signals work and Hazards don't(Not the other way around) that it can't be the combo flasher. That didn't make much sense to me. Anyone shed some light on this before I buy the flasher tomorrow?

On my way home from work this morning I turned my hazards on, nothing. With them on I put my left turn signal on. That activated the hazards. Put in back in the neutral position, nothing again. Put my right turn signal on, my right blinker came on. I'm deffinetly thinking it's the combination flasher with this strange issue. I wouldn't be worrying about it except my inspection goes out today. Anyone have anything similar!?!?

Well I decide to buy the flasher and it corrected my problem.
For anyone that has similiar issue on 97+ XJs I'd try the fuses first then go to the flasher relay. It's Autozone part EP27.
The location of the flasher is directly above the OBD2 port beside your left knee panel. It's 5 prong and is a gray relay conecting to a black terminal. Hope this helps someone else!

Well I decide to buy the flasher and it corrected my problem.
For anyone that has similiar issue on 97+ XJs I'd try the fuses first then go to the flasher relay. It's Autozone part EP27.
The location of the flasher is directly above the OBD2 port beside your left knee panel. It's 5 prong and is a gray relay conecting to a black terminal. Hope this helps someone else!
I had a very similar issue on my 99 when I got it, just the turn signals froze up. Those flashers seem to cause many issues on the newer XJs, most times oddball issues at that!

Back