• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

For Xmas im getting back into it..

PapaGeno21

NAXJA Forum User
Alright guys, I had parted out my 95 XJ and since then I have been driving my stocker on 30 BFG AT's...

Well the only things I have done are:

Yellow Top
140A Altenator
Magnaflow High Flow 2.5" Cat
Super 40 Flowmaster 2.5"
JCR Front Prerunner bumper
Rear disk brake conversion
Husky Floor Mats (LOL)
I have a 99 Intake and an APN header sitting here that I havent installed yet, so those will go on when this is getting done also.

Thats about it for now.

Anyways.. Heres what im thinking..

I have the 29 Spline rear end since I have a 97 Sport..

- 33" BFG KM2's.. (Anyone know anything about these?)
- 4.56 Gears
- Apparently Aussie made a locker for the rear if not something else to lock the rear
- Rustys Coils and Leaf packs 4.5"
- RE Superflex Arms Upper and Lower
- 1 Ton steering
- Some kind of a T-case Skid
- PORC HD SYE
- Minor trimming and some bumpstops
- JCR Stage 2 sliders and JCR Rear bumper when I have the extra cash.. NOW I wish I never sold my sliders... :(
- I had the RK Trac Bar on the other jeep but I cant find it for 6" and under lifts?

How does this all sound?

Heres the beasty its all going on. Going to keep these rims as they are 15X8...

DSCF4787.jpg

And heres the old one that I miss like you dont understand.. God damn floor rot...

MyTruckLunchBreak.jpg

Last edited:
what happened to all the goodlies from your last xj? if its just floor rot, swap it all into the new rig! (assuming you didnt push it off a tall cliff)

i didnt see any mention of trac bar, nor brake likes (maybe you forgot to mention the boring stuff?)

I sold all the parts off the other xj..

All I have left is the engine and tranny and some small shit like the altenator and master cyclider and air box...

I forgot about brake lines but im not worried about those, thats tit stuff. Im talking the main components..

And yeah I edited it for trac bar when you posted lol.. I cant find an RK one anywhere for 6" and under... TNT doesent impress me as 2 of my friends have bent them..

Well my friend has 37's and fullwidths and has blown out 2 TNT mounts now. They just keep bending. He had to weld it to the frame.

However that things got great reviews so maybe ill get that one.

Updated list:

4.5" Leaf Packs - Rustys - 250
4.5" Coils - Rustys - 130
UCA - Jeepin Outfitters - 240
LCA - Jeepin Outfitters - 210 (free Shipping maybe)
Shims - Rustys - 30
TNT Track Bar - Jeepin Outfitters - 270
Brake Lines - Chevy 1500 - 40 At Autozone
Locker - ?
BFG MT KM2 - OK Auto - 865 Shipped
SYE - PORC - 179
T-case Gear - PORC - 32

Not sure on the locker yet, and Im going to get some prices for gears...

Also, which degree shim should I go with? 3 or 6?

Might want to consider some drop brackets for the control arms if your gonna drive it on the street much. They do make a world of difference even at 4.5" of lift.

Why get all those parts individually? The RE 4.5" kit has springs, leafs, upper and lower arms, brake lines, and track bar, plus everything needed to install. If you get it from www.4x4groupbuy.com they give you free monotube shocks. Looks like a great build though, pretty much what I'll be working towards.

The problem with RE is that they give you a 3.5 leaf pack and a shackle..

I CANT get my shackel out. I tried to install a BB on this thing when I got it but the shackle bolt will unscrew and then gets stuck inside the shackle, so I gave up. Dont know how to get it out. Would rather just get a 4.5 Pack that can go on the stock shackle.

I really dont care about ride quality, IMO all jeeps ride like total ass anyways, so it doesent matter.

Why get all those parts individually? The RE 4.5" kit has springs, leafs, upper and lower arms, brake lines, and track bar, plus everything needed to install. If you get it from www.4x4groupbuy.com they give you free monotube shocks. Looks like a great build though, pretty much what I'll be working towards.

That is an AWESOME website and I will keep this all noted, becuase im leaning to that kit now and just adding 30 bucks fro the OME shocks.

Well see when its december and I have some cash piled up.

Well my friend has 37's and fullwidths and has blown out 2 TNT mounts now. They just keep bending. He had to weld it to the frame.

However that things got great reviews so maybe ill get that one.

i only bent the mount once

its the stock 10mm bolts i snapped every wheeling trip.

i have since upgraded to 1/2" bolts with no issues

and i don't have fullwidths

Yeah I already got in touch with them, and thats what im doing :)

So its going to be the RE 4.5 Kit
PORC Sye
4.56's front D30 NOT Locked
4.56's Rear Chry 8.25 29 spline with Alloys and most likely a full case detroit and its already got disk brakes
35" KM2s

Back