• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need some specs

suprz

NAXJA Forum User
ok guys, before winter hits here in RI i want to change out as many fluids as i can in the XJ i just bought. What i need to know is what kind goes where and how much goes in.

diffs? (I dont know if it has LSD or not, i've looked and there is nothing anywhere on the jeep itself that says anything about a LSD)

transfer case?

tranny?
engine? (this is my first XJ with a 4.0, my last one had a 2.8 v6 :doh: )

oh yeah, i almost forgot, i want to put in an aftermarket tranny cooler, but because of winters, should i plumb it before or after the stock in radiator cooler?

thanks for the info.

6 quarts in the motor
4.2 quarts for a tranny service
1.5-2 quarts for the diffs (i usually get 2 quarts if im changing it and always have some left over)
1.5-2 quarts for my NP242 (just get 2 quarts)

but because of winters, should i plumb it before or after the stock in radiator cooler?
Plumb it after and make sure it has a thermal bypass valve.

I should add that you need to follow the cooler makers instructions, the design of their bypass valve will dictate if it's plumbed before or after.

The thermo valve is optional with many brands so make sure you get it.

Back