• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Winters quick change...

tayman

NAXJA Forum User
Its not that simple,the gear cut is different and not designed for a DD.Theyre also extremely noisy for the same reason.

CHAA CHING!!!

aw, I know... I just found out about these things today, and just wondered if anyone here has used them off road. (yeah, they cost a couple pennies...)

aw, I know... I just found out about these things today, and just wondered if anyone here has used them off road. (yeah, they cost a couple pennies...)
Your kidding right?These things have been around for Decades,our sprint cars use the type where there is no outer axle tube,the entire axle (tube)spins(there is no "inner" axle shaft).Theres no rear u-joint because they use a torque tube like the old model "A" Fords.Being an all aluminum housing makes things extremely fragile also.The Spur gears are "straight-cut" meaning alot of backlash.Because of the ring gear size,they make a D70 look like a "high" clearance rear end.
On a side note,how would you find a "front" axle to match?

Last edited:
yeah, I was kinda joking... I didn't realize they didn't have an axle tube, cause I found some that do... (hmm...). I'm pretty sure they make different types of housings... and yes, I know they've been around forever. just wondering if anyone has played with one off-road, considering the "real" version is rated for a 750HP engine...

you dumbass... lol

my boss runs them in his race car

Yeah, that's where I've seen them... just curious as to if they were strong enough for wheeling...

there not my type...i rather dish the money out for a set of sterling 80,000 pound axles.

oooooooooookkkk????????? lol

Back