• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Killswitch

89heepxj

NAXJA Forum User
i want to wire in a killswitch to prevent my heep from getting stolen. where would the best place be to place one (i was thinking under the dash) and what would be best to kill the fuel pump or the battery? any other suggestions?

Wire it through your MAP sensor, it will turn over but won't crank, maybe the potential thief will be there long enough to get caught.

You can kill all kinds of sensors and get a "no start". Fuel pump would be better than the battery cause it's a smaller wire and you wouldn't lose presets everytime.

--Alex

Look for a switch that is magneticly activated and you can put it anywhere behind the dash. Simply keep a small magnet on your keycain and pass it over the area where you hid the switch. I use the fuel pump. Truck will start and drive away about 1-2 blocks and dies with no fuel.

i wired a killswitch into my wifes old explorer. i put a relay inline with the small wire going to the starter, and activated it with the headlight circuit. had to turn on the headlights to start the truck.

nobody ever tried to steal it but her mom sure did get pissed every time she borrowed the thing haha :D

^ haha i was thinkin the same thing

Back