• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TC 242 differances

Fast95Neon

NAXJA Forum User
My origanal tc case cracked and i bought one off of craigslist

Both are front driveshaft 23spline count but one has a sensor on the top and one doesent.....and where the front drive shaft connects to the tc, one has a u shaped valley where the u joint cap goes and mine doesent
IMG_1674.jpg

originally mine does not have a sensor or u shaped valley....am i in trouble?

i searched but dident find anything.....sorry for another annoying tc case question :looser:

i assume i lost trans fluid because the fluid came out between the trans and the tc right? nothing came out of the drain plug on the tc...should i fill the tc or the trans? or just the trans?

fill trans and t/case, they are seperate from each other, check and replace seals between the two as well.

Are those pictures of the units straight out of the vehicles? If so you just answered a question for me, thanks.

The one on the left is an NP242, I'm getting very good at swapping those out. The one on the right I'm assuming is an NP231.

The connector on the top of the 242 is the shift position sensor, it tells the dashboard what light to put on when the lever is moved from 2wd to 4wd, etc. The tube is a case vent. There is probably another electrical connector on the tailshaft housing that is for the speedometer connection.

Thanks for the info,

Mark

Back