• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Are these people serious?

kujito

NAXJA Forum User
"You know, presidents are going to have to deal with more than one thing at a time," he said. "It's not necessary for us to think that we can only do one thing and suspend everything else." - Barack Obama
YOU ARE NOT THE PRESIDENT, GO BACK TO D.C. AND DO YOUR JOB

"It's their problem. It's their bill. And they're going to have to figure out if they can support it," House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., said of Republicans.
REALLY??!!

:flamemad::flamemad::flamemad:I can't even articulate how mad those statements make me.:flamemad::flamemad::flamemad:

How do "these people" get voted into office? Did they run against anyone? Or are they all just great at giving a speech full of BS?

How do "these people" get voted into office? Did they run against anyone? Or are they all just great at giving a speech full of BS?

A politician, for the most part, is someone who lacks the wit or the skill to make it in the "real world." His only commodity is jawbone - speechifying, blather, or rhetoric - and he uses it constantly.

He spends his time passing laws that are neither needed nor wanted to give the impression that he is actually doing something and is worth the money he is being paid (and, frankly, shouldn't be getting...) so he can feel good about himself.

He is marginally capable of critical thinking - once he's joined a political Party, his primary thought process is a knee-jerk reflex to kowtow to the Party line. Independent thought may be the province of the Independent politician, but that is unlikely at best.

And, it has been said that an "honest politician" is one who "when he is bought, stays bought." There is, I am certain, some truth to this - they get elected by the People, then spend their time representing various "special interest groups." We shan't go into what I think of lobbyists - most of them should bounce twice on their way out of the office, and again out of the building.

"Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often, and for similar reasons." -Mark Twain (which tells you just how long this sort of thing has been going on...

"You know, presidents are going to have to deal with more than one thing at a time," he said. "It's not necessary for us to think that we can only do one thing and suspend everything else." - Barack Obama

"It's their problem. It's their bill. And they're going to have to figure out if they can support it," House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., said of Republicans.
REALLY??!!

:flamemad::flamemad::flamemad:I can't even articulate how mad those statements make me.:flamemad::flamemad::flamemad:

Exactly, Obama's primary job as of right now is acting as a member of the Senate. Running for President should be second and he doesn't get it. (McCain gets it) I guess he thinks he doesn't have to get any legislation passed now that he is running for President, but, is that different from his past? Nope.

Think about that sentence. What is untrue with that statement? Anyone that has ever been in any kind of emergency knows that you can't suspend everything else to take care of one item.

Case in point: Years ago a member on my shipboard fire fighting team keeled over and died we could NOT suspend fighting the fire and the guys on the bridge could NOT suspend driving the ship!

How fair is it to our war fighters in Iraq & Afghanistan if the President suspended running the government to concentrate on this ONE emergency?

Presidents need to be multi function capable.

Think about that sentence. What is untrue with that statement? Anyone that has ever been in any kind of emergency knows that you can't suspend everything else to take care of one item.

Case in point: Years ago a member on my shipboard fire fighting team keeled over and died we could NOT suspend fighting the fire and the guys on the bridge could NOT suspend driving the ship!

How fair is it to our war fighters in Iraq & Afghanistan if the President suspended running the government to concentrate on this ONE emergency?

Presidents need to be multi function capable.

True - but the point is, Obama was speaking as if he was already the President.

He is not being paid to run for President. He's being paid to be a US Senator.

JNickel101 said:
He is not being paid to run for President. He's being paid to be a US Senator.
Ding, ding, ding!
He promotes himself as an agent of change, but when change is actually taking place, he has no interest in being anywhere near. It took a summons from the the man who IS the president, to get him to even show his face in the same city as the discussion. WTF?! He want's to be pres., but doesn't want anything to do with a national/global issue that's happening RIGHT NOW?

When a senator or congressman runs for another office they need to be removed by their states governor the same way as if they died or went to prison.

As for the Pelosi quip, how is that stance even remotely defensible? It's THEIR problem?! Really? THEIR PROBLEM?! This IS NOT the time for partisan bickering. Maybe the proposal needs some tweaking, but that's her job too.

Cause most people (the general US population) are just plain stupid. The sad truth. They fall hook, line and sinker for the pretty words and whatever's popular, and don't stop and actually think for themselves. It seems to be only when terrible things happen that these people actually turn off the Daily Show and actually use their brain.

No chit... This guy is a turd:gag: So is his VP...

Funny thing, they can't even seem to agree with each other!!! Chaos within their own "team"...

I have a new pic of obama, with out his mak-up.... Have a great day... LOL
Barakator-2-copy.jpg

Now thats funny...Mike is going to kick me for this one....

Only in Cali could someone as MORONIC as Nancy Pelosi get elected...
Kennedy got elected back east, Ohio kept sending Metzenbaum back until he was an invalid.

You guys might have a lot of stupid built up out in "cali", but you are FAR from having a lock on it.

Funny thing, they can't even seem to agree with each other!!! Chaos within their own "team"...

Funny thing with this recent melt down of the bill is that traditional alignments are falling apart. Newly elected hardcore conservatives in the House are raising hell and at the last minute proposed a radically different bill than the one everyone has been working on last week. The more left wing Dem's in the house and senate want more protection for home owners but were pretty much brought in line prior to the meeting this afternoon. So now you have the Bush administration siding with moderate Democrats and Republicans against his own party. McCain isn't helping matters by not endorsing the version of the bill agreed to by compromise and is playing the political two step trying to come out on top and make it appear he spear headed the solution to this.

It is going to be REALLY interesting how this is going to play out. But in the end, I don't think Joe American is going to give two shits about who spearheaded the solution as long as there is one. I just hope all this political posturing by McCain doesn't derail the progress made on the bill so far.

....And this whole time, what has Obama done?

Nothing. Zero. Zilch. At least the rest of Congress is "working" or attempting to work. What is Allah's firstborn doing to help the situation.

SAVE US OBAMA SAVE US!!!!

:roflmao:

McCain took a risk in suspending his campaign. If Obama, Clinton, etc... would have done it I would have considered it a stunt. From what I can tell from McCain's past this is how he operates. Damn the politics, let's get the job done and then get back to the BS.

I saw Obama stumbling for words as he was trying speak about the McCain suspension. He seemed to be trying to say it was his idea at first, then back tracked. Obama = bad, McCain = Less bad.

It really bothers me that neither party could come up with a better candidate....

Back