• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Door question

rjfabwerx

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 4 door, '94 XJ and I'm wondering if the doors from a '86 Comanche will swap with the front doors of my Jeep? Not sure if I posted this in the right place or not...Thanks for any info...

That was my concern...I want to get rid of the power stuff and go back to manual stuff, just need to make sure that they are the right shape and will mount up the same...

84/96 are all the same including the electrical. With & without vent windows is the only difference & of course that's the trim level. not the year. The AMC years do have metal outside handles instead of the Mopar plastic crap.

It's been talked about before, and IIRC the manche doors are between the 2 and 4 door lengths.

It's ok, I really appreciate you guy's information...sucks buying the wrong parts and finding out too late so I just wanted to make sure before I did...Thanks again! Think I'm going to like this site...

The easiest way to know for sure is measure your's and then go measure the manche's. Measure the top, middle, and bottom width from front to back edge, and then the heights of the front and back.

Comanche doors are the same as the 4dr front doors. My buddy and I pulled them off a Comanche to make half doors for his XJ. If you look up the part numbers for entry guards (at the feet) and rain guards (for the windows), you'll find the same ones.

No 'IIRC' junk, I know for a fact they're the same. ;)

Back