• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Air intakes

cscdirt

NAXJA Forum User
I was just wondering if the air intake bolt holes were the same on the 1990 and the 1991 Cherokee Laredo w/ the inline 4.0? I want to buy a new cold air intake and own the 1990. It seems that there are plenty of options for the 1991 and newer. From most of the photos that I have seen they look the same, so does anyone know.:dunno:

Are you talking about the air box or the intake manifold? If the manifold I believe the bolt holes are the same it was the sensors and TB that were different between Renix and HO.

If you mean where the airbox bolts in, it's the same, but the throttle body opening is shaped different between Renix[87/90] and HO[90 &later] Most cold air intakes are for the HO motors but some can be adapted to the Renix. The tube that fits the TB will need to be modified or adapted.

The air intake hose comes off the throttle body and goes onto the cold air intake tube. There are no "bolt holes" to deal with. You just need a large hose clamp to attach it. I have Rusty's intake tube on both my 89 and 94. The only thing to look at is the nipples on the intake tube. You will need 2 nipples for (IIRC) everything up to 96. The tube I have on my 89 only has one nipple, so I have a small cone filter on the CCV line and the line for the charcoal canister goes into the intake.

Back