• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MJ rear prop. valve... how to bleed it?!?

CheapXJ

NAXJA Forum User
this is nuts!!!

I replaced the feed/return line to the valve in the rear, and all it does when I try to bleed it is piss fluid straight up out of the master cylinder (and sometimes it'll blow air)

if I keep pumpin, it'll give me pedal, and then it goes soft again

:confused:

Got this out of an AC/Delco book:

1986-92 Comanche

Bleeding sequence: right rear, left rear, right front, left front

Special Procedures:

After bleeding the wheel brakes, the rear brake bypass line must be bled:

1. Open a front caliper bleeder valve and depress the brake pedal to the floor.

2. When pressure bleeding: When the brake warning light illuminates, close the front bleeder valve and bleed the rear brakes.

3. When manually bleeding: When the brake warning light illuminates, bleed the rear brakes with the front bleeder valve open. Close all the valves and rebleed the system.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

you have no idea how happy this makes me!!!!

(your first post was a DAMN good one!!!)

Back