• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

point me in the right direction(u-joints)

I've had very good luck with spicers. bad luck with (precisions- the normal ones work best, I kept crumbling the super strength) and alloyusa's

Spicer.
Always Spicer.

Be careful on Spicer's. A reputable off-roader friend of mine said that the owner of a driveline shop said that the Spicer's with the blue seals are made in China. Another member in our 4x4 club uses Spicer's exclusively, and has had to replace u-joints in less than a year.

I've heard Neapco U-Joints are fairly decent. They used them when I had both my drive shafts rebuilt a year ago, and so far I haven't had any problems.

Be careful on Spicer's. A reputable off-roader friend of mine said that the owner of a driveline shop said that the Spicer's with the blue seals are made in China. Another member in our 4x4 club uses Spicer's exclusively, and has had to replace u-joints in less than a year.

I've heard Neapco U-Joints are fairly decent. They used them when I had both my drive shafts rebuilt a year ago, and so far I haven't had any problems.

I haven't seen a blue seal spicer yet, Mine all say made in usa on the caps. If not propely taken car of you can eat a u-joint quicker than a year!

I buy my Spicers local, I think they are about $20 each at FleetPride.

Correction! $10, these are the "blue seal" Spicers. They have the grease fittings which I do not like but I upgraded them to the smaller fitting that takes the needle. The DS guy at FleetPride says they are as strong and last just as long as the black seal Spicers. We'll see, I'm a DS killer!

He builds all of his shafts with the same blue seal Spicers.

Last edited:
Yep the blue seal spicers are the ones I were able to find at the local napa machine shop(Grove city).The black seal has a much better seal but its a moot point because as long as you keep the blue seal joints flushed with fresh grease they should last a great while.
The black seal joints are for yuppies that never wheel or crawl under their jeep for service.lol

However I do not feel the blue seal joints are as strong as the solid core blackies....
Got two 760x axle joints(decided to go black seal there) and six DS joints for $140 out the door.

Last edited:
Back