• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So you know how to weld?

Muddy Beast

NAXJA Forum User
Who wants to do me a huge favor and weld the crack I have under my steering box? My rig is currently in pieces (engine wise) and I figure it makes sence to fix this thing in this time.

I have gas (old gas...but gas none the less) if you want to weld with that...just need you to bring everything else (hoses are a little old). If supplies are necessary...we could work out the cost and probably take care of that. I just don't know how to weld (and my dad wont let me play around with it to learn) and I'm trying to save myself from having to pay bank to some shop.

Located in South Everett.

~Scott

Pics. Ive done some light welding but im no expert. Filed in some cracks and cleaned them up. But south Everett

2860904847_bdd6ab861a.jpg

2860903439_bcf851d87d.jpg

2860902097_e904dbf146.jpg

As you can see there is a little inch long (or so) crack going to the sway bar mount...I need this fixed before it gets worse.

I got the go-ahead from my dad to borrow money so I can get that winch bumper I want a little sooner, and hopefully work something out to get steering box reinforcements as well...

~Scott

Which bumper are you going for?

Looking at Rigidco fbW. M.O.R.E. rockproof bumper, and Proto Fab rocksolid winch bumper...possibly a C-Rok (since they have the steering reinforcements) but I'm still not sold on the looks...(anyone have more pics of the winch bumper?).

I'm going to make some calls tomorrow and figure out prices, shipped out dates, and figure out what can be done about getting longer brackets that go back farther to reinforce the frame.

And Alex, I'll wait on drilling it since the Jeep isn't moving for at least a week anyhow.

~Scott

Last edited:
I can hook you up Scott. I would prefer to use MIG or Arc welding over gas... Could you meet me in Woodinville?? If not, I can use your oxy/acetylene....

Just hit me up...

Keil

Unfortunately the rig is, as I said earlier, out of comission for awhile. Things are taking way to long to get various pieces of the engine off (200k and 20 years old...I don't think a single seal has been touched, go figure)...so I'm not sure when I'd be able to meet you.

If you wanted to head my way though, I'd be happy to do any prep required before hand.

PM Sent though Keil.

~Scott

like i said, I could probally help you out. i start school on monday, and depending on what is going on for the rest of this week, I might be able to get my ass out there this weekend.. I'll keep you up to date on this.

keil

C-rok before you do anything. My buddy lots a rig after only 3 wheelin trips because of frame damage around the steering box. C-rok inner and they have a sick bumper as well. And those cracks are nothin

Hmm thanks for the feedback John...

And thanks for taking more money out of my pocket! :-/ haha
~Scott

Back