• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Check out the new KM2's!

jeepboy381

NAXJA Forum User
I have been calling America's tire at least 2 times a month to see when the new BFG KM2's are going to be out in the 15 inch wheel sizes, they never could give me a date. I called them last Friday 9/12/08 and they said they recieved their fist 1 set of 35X12.5-15's the prevoious day and the first set already sold 30 minutes before I called. I was really bummed.... They then checked their warehouse and had one more set and said they could have them at their shop in 30 minutes. Long story short I raced down to the shop and got some sweet new tires! They said I was the second vehical in Oregon that had the new KM2's in the 15 inch wheel size. I think the 35's fit very nice with my 5 inch lift and cut out fenders, check it out!

8cd1a72f.jpg

a09ce5ed.jpg

Sweet they look pretty bad ass.

Keep us updated on how they do offroad.

I did notice they have extremely good road manners, I didn't notice any road noise at all! I was going to go wheeling this weekend but I guess the new tires scared the dana 30. I just discovered what I think is a broken cross shaft in my ARB. It must have been broken from a previous outing and I just noticed it trying to devour my pinion gear. Figures you know, I get new tires and now the Jeep has to sit in the driveway until I fix the ARB.

looks nice. I have been trying to get my hands on some new BFG Krawlers but I guess they are on national back order.

For me its either KM2s in the 33x12.5R15 flavor, or Trxus MTs of the same size. The KM2s are quite a bit more, but the road manners compared to the Trxus have me thinking. Just have to know how well the KM2s work in snow since I drive the pass in the winter alot.

-Lyle

For me its either KM2s in the 33x12.5R15 flavor, or Trxus MTs of the same size. The KM2s are quite a bit more, but the road manners compared to the Trxus have me thinking. Just have to know how well the KM2s work in snow since I drive the pass in the winter alot.

-Lyle

I thought you grabbed Ryans old trxus?

-Alex

I thought you grabbed Ryans old trxus?

-Alex

Nah, thought about it...but Ryan gave me the fair warning that the balancing and road feel was crap. He has lots of weight in them and they simply wont behave on road. A set of KM2s will cost about 150-200 bucks more, but it might be worth it rather than getting stuck with a square set of Trxus'

-Lyle

Josh are you going to sipe them at all? Your old MT's were right?

One of the problems I've noticed with the old MT was lack of siping. They never seemed to connect very well in the hard packed/icy snow (probably rocks too). Where as a BFG AT or Cooper STT had no issues. I'm wondering if the KM2's will be the same way. I'm eying the 33's and American Tire said they will sipe them for $11 ea.

looks nice. I have been trying to get my hands on some new BFG Krawlers but I guess they are on national back order.

The 37" Krawlers have been on National backorder for a long time but are available now. The 35's never went on backorder, they are in stock as well.

If any of your are interested, I can be competitive on BFG pricing. PM me for any price questions.

John

Yes my last set of BFG's were siped and I think it did make a difference. I didn't sipe these tires, I wanted to see how they did in the ice and snow first. If I am not satisfied I will take the Jeep bake to America's Tire and tell them to sipe only the center lugs.

Rod the jealousy is understandable, your new BFG's also made me jealous for quite some time but the tables have turned! :laugh: I will see how my dana 30 holds up, I think it should be okay. If it does not hold up I just don't see a dana 44 as much of an upgrade. A Dana 60 is not much more $ and will be much stronger.

Back