• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1st Naches trip

squidd

NAXJA Forum User
hey,

Just got back from my first trip to Naches. That place rocks! It seems like those trails up in the hills go on forever and watching those buggies up on the rocks is something else. I have to say, those JCR stage 2 rock sliders were worth their weight in gold. Came down on a rock hard once and only left a little dent in the rail and slide into a tree the second time. Long and short of it came away with no body damage to the XJ itself at all. Once I get the pics off the camera I will post some of them. Can't wait to go back.

Here are a couple of photos.
jeep2.jpg

jeep1.jpg

IMG_7065.jpg

IMG_7053.jpg

I remember my first Naches trip, overheating both days, broken centering pin in my rear axle, busted shocks, a hole in one of my brand new tires, broken oil fill cap and of course alot of paint loss.

-Alex

I remember my first Naches trip, overheating both days, broken centering pin in my rear axle, busted shocks, a hole in one of my brand new tires, broken oil fill cap and of course alot of paint loss.

-Alex

you say this like your an old man :moon:

Na uh, didnt we go to Reiter after that? Or was that before?:dunno:

-Alex

that was the week before

I need to finish my axle and do a couple other things.

yeah, I've got some more pics but they are on a friends camera. I will have to wait until I get a copy of them from him.

Trip was kinda fun in that we met up with this guy with a brand new FJ-cruiser on BFG KM2's and 2" of lift and a factory rear locker that wanted to tag along. Guy was nuts taking a rig that expensive up there IMHO and running the trails we were. Became a matter of pride that I would at least go anywhere he did. I was able to see the benefits of a solid front axle first hand and it was interesting to see the benefits of a front locker vs. a rear. He chose to take the bypass up the moon rocks and I was able to take the far left line up including the 20" or so wall at the very top. I had a good spotter helping but the cherokee just walked right up the whole thing.:D

Back