• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

long arms or stock?

jstlink

NAXJA Forum User
doing an 8" lift on my 89' xj.was debating on whether to fab up new long arms or just lengthen the upper and lower control arms.i,ve heard good things about both.the lenghtening of the upper and lower arms would definitly be more easy and cost effective.any thoughts?

jstlink said:
what about revovlver shackles.whats your take on those?

Don't ever put revolver shackles on anything you own. They tend to unload going down hills and cause bad axle wrap...not worth it.

If you are going 8" of lift you will need long arms or drop bracket otherwise the angle of the arms is just going to be to steep and it's going to ride and flex like shit...not to mention the axle will have a tendency to try and go back under itself.
icon10.gif
I personally would go long arms. They're going to ride and flex better than drop brakets, plus you won't be hitting and scaping the drop brakets on everything all of the time.

Back