• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ZJ Tierod on my 87

jk333

NAXJA Forum User
for some reason, the search button isnt showing up when i go to NAXJA.org and login so, dont :flame: me, but can somebody please give me the link to the thread about the ZJ Tierod upgrade. Im putting a new one on my 87 Laredo, and want to make absolutely sure that its going to work before i spend the money on the ZJ Tierod. Thanks

I got this fro mJeepsloths wrie up: "I wanted to upgrade my "stock" steering so I purchased the ZJ steering parts and went to work.

I picked up the following TRW parts from the local Advance Auto
DS1312 Long tie rod $49.48
ES3096L Short tie rod end $27.38
ES2079S Adjustment sleeve $15.98"

His rig is a 95 and mines an 87, from what ive read about the swap, mine takes more parts being its an 87. Can somebody please clear this up. I bought the inner tie rod today and thats it :huh:

jk333 said:
I got this fro mJeepsloths wrie up: "I wanted to upgrade my "stock" steering so I purchased the ZJ steering parts and went to work.

I picked up the following TRW parts from the local Advance Auto
DS1312 Long tie rod $49.48
ES3096L Short tie rod end $27.38
ES2079S Adjustment sleeve $15.98"

His rig is a 95 and mines an 87, from what ive read about the swap, mine takes more parts being its an 87. Can somebody please clear this up. I bought the inner tie rod today and thats it :huh:

That should be all you need. Like Mstrkage said, the draglink is also an upgrade on pre-91 (I think that is the right year) XJs. But as far as the tierod itself, that's all you need.

BruceB83 said:
That should be all you need. Like Mstrkage said, the draglink is also an upgrade on pre-91 (I think that is the right year) XJs. But as far as the tierod itself, that's all you need.

Thank you very much BruceB83, that answers my question perfectly. :yelclap:

Cool...I'm doing the same thing on my '87 this weekend. Throwing a locker in the front axle so need to beef up the tie rod so it doesn't taco on me!

Back