• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Headliner Frustration

Jeepers Creepers 2

NAXJA Forum User
I am new to this forum and was needing help with my headliner. My headliner was in pretty bad condition and I was going to try and replace the liner but when I went to take it down the whole thing fell apart so I need to replace it. No one by me has a headliner. I checked junkyards, Jeep stores, and online and could not find one. Can anyone help me and lead me in the right direction in finding another headliner. Thanks

Jeepers Creepers 2 said:
I am new to this forum and was needing help with my headliner. My headliner was in pretty bad condition and I was going to try and replace the liner but when I went to take it down the whole thing fell apart so I need to replace it. No one by me has a headliner. I checked junkyards, Jeep stores, and online and could not find one. Can anyone help me and lead me in the right direction in finding another headliner. Thanks
What kind/year Jeep do you have?

I had to find a pick-and-pull type junkyard near me to source a headliner when mine fell apart. I had to pull it out of a '92, carefully pull the old headliner material off and glue new headliner material on. Came out great but sourcing a decent headliner board wasn't easy. I"d suggest calling junkyards farther out from your local area. Try and find one that has vehicles, not just parts. None of the parts-only junk yards are going to bother pulling a headliner. You'll have to find one that will let you get it yourself.

You can get one from the dealer, but they are very pricey ($300+ if I remember correctly).

If you're handy, you could make one from a very large craft board as the curves are too complex. I'm not that creative unfortunately.

Good luck on your search.

How bad did it fall apart, got a pic of it? When I redid mine in my 92 I also removed the lights and everything to give the headliner a smoother look. When I took it out it cracked in half right above the back seat, got it out and got some 3m spray adhesive and used paper towels layered up to put it back together. Now 4 years later it's still holding strong just clean the headliner board good and make sure there's no dust and spray the board and paper towels then let it sit for a day to fully cure. If it came apart in multiple pieces then this probably won't help your case.

dave92cherokee said:
How bad did it fall apart, got a pic of it? When I redid mine in my 92 I also removed the lights and everything to give the headliner a smoother look. When I took it out it cracked in half right above the back seat, got it out and got some 3m spray adhesive and used paper towels layered up to put it back together. Now 4 years later it's still holding strong just clean the headliner board good and make sure there's no dust and spray the board and paper towels then let it sit for a day to fully cure. If it came apart in multiple pieces then this probably won't help your case.

It riped in half. But im just going to go back to the junkyard and see if I can find one in better condition than the one I have.

Well, since it's a done deed, I won't ask how you ripped it (mine came right out after removing all the trim). You could use some fiberglass and resin and "glue" the halves back together, then recover it with headliner material (or other matreial of choice).

Back