• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What is this sensor??

Dragline

NAXJA Forum User
I need to know what this sensor is:

sensor.jpg

Connector's look like this:

IMG_0257.jpg

It's dark and raining now so I can't check, but I think it went into the firewall just above the bell housing. It won't start with it disconnected.

Windsors03Cobra said:
what is that blue scotchlock doing on there ? Did you hook a tach up to it or something ?

No the male connector was bad and would stall the engine for a split second when I hit a bump. I cut one out from a junkyard and tried to splice it on. Didn't work, so now I need to replace the whole thing. From the way it acts, I think it may be the CPS.

poorboy_616 said:
That scotch may just be your problem....
Put down the bottle.
Sorry I can't see the pics at work and couldn't help myself.
I'll try to look at home later so I can see pics.

Hallo Jeeper. It is indeed the CPS. The round connector is only used 2 years:1992 and 1993. Very confusing if you see in the Heynesbook.
The connector is sometimes a culprit for misfires and startproblems !:smsoap:

'92 cherokee

I had the same style CPS plug in my '91. Created a bit of confusion when I swapped the '93 stroker in and couldn't find the corresponding plug :D

wim hoppenbrouwers said:
Hallo Jeeper. What do you mean? :laugh3: I am Dutch.
Are the sensors different?

I mean can I use a CPS from a '90 or '94 on my '92 engine and just either hardwire it in without a connector or switch connectors.

Dragline said:
I mean can I use a CPS from a '90 or '94 on my '92 engine and just either hardwire it in without a connector or switch connectors.

Hallo. Just read the Thread 5 min ago TCM PCM ANY HELP NEEDED.
Also CPS trubble!!:party: Testprocedures are different!

Last edited:
Back