• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Radiator Coolant Overflow Bottle

No, the coolant overflow bottle has changed over the years. The Renix years 87-90 had the overflow bottle (a closed system) mounted on the firewall. IIRC, the coolant bottle was moved to the fender wall on the HO ('91) model and then to the inside of the fender well on the '97 model. I would search coolant bottle and see different replacements options. One option if you stay with the closed system is a Moroso stainless tank. Eagle has posted info on a few times over the years. Good Luck

Good Info - Searched Moroso and Eagle
http://www.naxja.org/forum/search.php?searchid=1147238

Woody

Quadratec is the best deal...at the dealer the bottle alone will cost close to $50. I know...have done three in the time I've had my '89 XJ. My advice..when you need to order something from quadratec....include an overflow bottle to save on shipping.

If you have the closed system with the plastic pressure bottle and cap [referred to as the turtle] you can replace it with another POS plastic one or do a search here on 'surge tanks' and go with a steel/brass/aluminum one. It will take a standard radiator cap but will last forever. Your choice.

RichP said:
If you have the closed system with the plastic pressure bottle and cap [referred to as the turtle] you can replace it with another POS plastic one or do a search here on 'surge tanks' and go with a steel/brass/aluminum one. It will take a standard radiator cap but will last forever. Your choice.

What he said!

Something like this:D

Back