• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dashboard

Built2Flex

NAXJA Forum User
I did a search on tube style dashboards that would tie into an interior cage. No results. I'm interested in gutting the inside and replacing from the console to the dash with a race inspired DOM dash and all new gauges. Anybody have a link to where I may find some examples?

Thanks for your help.

yeah... i dont think your gonna have any lucking finding a write-up on stuff like that.... all the problems you would run into would be 100% dependant on how you did your cage... or what guages your running, or how much you gutted the interior.... do you have a cage to start with?
btw, you should go with a 4130 dash, just for that extra strength!

Built2Flex said:
I did a search on tube style dashboards that would tie into an interior cage. No results. I'm interested in gutting the inside and replacing from the console to the dash with a race inspired DOM dash and all new gauges. Anybody have a link to where I may find some examples?

Thanks for your help.
I have some pics of mine, still a work in progress:
IMG_0910.jpg

IMG_0923.jpg

wow, thats going to be way nicer then mine.

Oh well here's mine. I wanted it to not be any lower then the factory without the lower portion, it makes getting in and out of my suspension seats much easier. I would have tied it into the center console but I did the dash last so the layout would had to been redone and I would have needed cable shifters.

The carbon fiber came from a buddy of mine who works on Aircraft MiniGuns. It was easier to cut out and shape then steel but just as ridged.

I need to get a removable hub for the steering wheel and get rid of that ugly factory piece. Oh this was before finish paint so it looks a little better then this, a little.

1001093ai1.jpg

1001099tv7.jpg

Thanks to all. Couple of great looking dashes, if you ask me. I appreciate the pic posts and will keep for future reference. :wave:

xcm said:
yeah... i dont think your gonna have any lucking finding a write-up on stuff like that.... all the problems you would run into would be 100% dependant on how you did your cage... or what guages your running, or how much you gutted the interior.... do you have a cage to start with?
btw, you should go with a 4130 dash, just for that extra strength!

No cage yet. Nothing weird when I do put one in. I'm just gonna do what most do. All autometer gauges. Gutting the entire interior. I appreciate your advice on 4340. Def. a GOOD call there. Thanks for your reply!!!:wave:

untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Back