• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transfer Case Fluid Question

I'm confused, that link is not about fluid, it's about a shifter mechanism. As for fluid, all the manuals have fluid charts, both the little in car booklet and the full FSM. What other fluid do you want to know about? The transfer case takes regular ATF, I use mobil 1 synthetic. Recommended change interval 30K miles, 12K severe conditions.

:lecture:
Your owners manual has a listing of what you should use. If it isn't on that list, it's your experiment.

As far as the fluid list, see your owners manual or shop manual. If you don't have them, I recomend you get them and not rely on other people to do your work for you.

Hint::rtm: (ReadTheF'nManual!)

i did read the F'n manual sorry to post question that in the manual...but like oil people have their choice of oil....its b&m trick shift mercon dextron III (grey bottle) its for the tranfercase.....but i dunno maybe someone prefers lucas or purple oil....

was curious on peoples opinion on it.....

Fast95Neon said:
i did read the F'n manual sorry to post question that in the manual...but like oil people have their choice of oil....its b&m trick shift mercon dextron III (grey bottle) its for the tranfercase.....but i dunno maybe someone prefers lucas or purple oil....

was curious on peoples opinion on it.....

No problem with asking peoples opinion.

The RTFM response was because you used that icon and told someone else to make you a chart. Why would you need a chart if you read the manual?

The link you posted was for their Shifter.

B&M "Trick Shift" Dextron/ Mercron has additives in it to aid clutch engagement. About the same as running Type F in your tranny. It won't harm, but it won't help your T-Case either. Just load it up with book Spec and you can't go wrong.

One problem with RTFM is that some of the manuals incorrectly list GL5 for the manual tranny. Fair enough question to ask, imo. The xfer case isn't terribly picky about fluid as it doesn't have clutches.

Back