• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

96 jeep XJ WTF is this part?

cdnabn49

NAXJA Forum User
under the dash and by the relays is this silver thing... :lol: is this the DLR (daytime running light module) and is it supposed to be warm/hot?
011.jpg

That is the Kanooter valve relay.

Seriously though, it looks like signal flasher.

It has to do with the green lighted ring around the key, not really sure what it does but if you unplug it that light will not work! It should only be warm after having the interior lights on for a bit, although I have seen them stay on causing the battery to go dead. Hope this helps!

oh yeah it is for the halo. i was pretty sure it was for some sort of timer. the earlier ones used this for the seat belt i think. it keeps the halo illuminated for a few seconds so you can find the ignition switch in the dark

jneary said:
oh yeah it is for the halo. i was pretty sure it was for some sort of timer. the earlier ones used this for the seat belt i think. it keeps the halo illuminated for a few seconds so you can find the ignition switch in the dark

I am happy someone found out what it does. I have cursed and sweared at mine 10,000+ times. It is too dam hot.

jneary said:
I wonder how i ever found my ignition without one.

jneary said:

I don't buy it. That thing gets way too hot to be for that little light.

Mines hot all the time, on or off. No dead batteries.

Back