• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

steering issues

MYRZ98XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I am wondering if any of you run the Rugged Ridge steering conversion on your XJ's. I have 32's and 4.5 RE lift,it has pulled to right ever since lift,since my tie rod ends are crap I wondered if instead of stock replacements- going to this upgraded setup.I know Currie makes a nice one but after 3000$ on tires and lift thought RR might be better for married life.Pros and cons would be appreciated.TX.Also would a dropped pitman arm help angles? My lift came with the adj. track bar.Is it enough?

From what I have read the TRE's on the RR setup may hit your inner sidewalls if your back spacing isn't less than like 3.75 or so causing you to lose a lot of turning radius. Have you gotten an alignment since your lift? That will probably help with the "pulling" problem if you haven't already done it.

Search is also helpful....
http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=929355&highlight=Rugged+Ridge

It was aligned at Midas, I dont think they cared a whole lot about working on a lifted vehicle,after I upgrade steering going somewhere else next time.That link was quite the battle zone!

Back