• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AAL Pack Spring Clips

98XJSport

Destiny is the rising sun
Ok the both the spring packs I picked up and hacked up and my stock packs both had good leaf spring clamps on them, factory style I think. Of course they were both destroyed in the rebuild. My questions are:

Where besides the dealership can I get good spring clip retainer things? The ones at VIP look like junk...

Where/How many should I use? One pack had 3, one had 2. Any rhyme or reason?

Those look much like the ones I took off, thanks!

So the other question remains. Would more clips make things stiffer and the springs flex less? Or will they not effect ride at all, and just use anywhere there is signs of leafs seperating?

Main use of clamps is to keep the leaves from fanning out like a deck of cards. My RE leaves have clamps with about 1 1/2" of space between the main leaf and the clamp bolt.

IllianaXJ said:
Main use of clamps is to keep the leaves from fanning out like a deck of cards. My RE leaves have clamps with about 1 1/2" of space between the main leaf and the clamp bolt.
Yeap,the other style WILL effect the springs ability to flex!

Back