• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

So you got an aftermarket bumper...

Muddy Beast

NAXJA Forum User
So for those of you who have gotten aftermarket bumpers...what did you do with the vacuum bottle that sits inside the stock bumper?

I'm just curious mostly, but also I want to take my end caps off on my front bumper (I banged on into a tree pretty good) but my end cap is keeping my vacuum bottle in (the bolts are long gone).

Thanks.

i wedged it up between the battery and fuse panel under the hood. fits snug and doesn't move around

When I moved mine, I just removed the long hard plastic extension and let it sit just to the right of the fuse block. Almost like it was meant to go there. Here's a picture of how it sits.
IMG_6977.jpg

Hope that helps.

I just drilled a couple of holes in my aftermarket bumper and mounted it right where it used to be.

i did the same as squidd, has been fine like that for well over a year now...nice thing too is it took maybe a full minute to do ? worked well for me...

I removed mine and the hard line and pluged it @ the "T" with a screw.
I dont know what they are for so I took it off.
I did test it first to see if it would effect any thing and it didn't.
I've got a 97'.

Feva said:
I've got a 97'.
I did the same thing almost 2 yrs ago and no problems to date. Oh, and packed it full of silicon to prevent leaks.

Last edited:
Feva said:
I've got a 97'.

i unhooked mine and the front axle would no longer lock into 4x4. for u guys who just took it off and dont wheel u probably didnt notice.

toplessxj89 said:
i unhooked mine and the front axle would no longer lock into 4x4. for u guys who just took it off and dont wheel u probably didnt notice.
He's got a non vacuum disco axle.

BTW it's still not a good idea to remove the vacuum canister... I put mine on the firewall like Destroyer, although I didn't mount mine, I just stuffed it back there.

crazyjim said:
He's got a non vacuum disco axle.

BTW it's still not a good idea to remove the vacuum canister... I put mine on the firewall like Destroyer, although I didn't mount mine, I just stuffed it back there.
I still have mine for those just in case deals but i dont have a problem.
I've done this to a couple different vihicles I've owned. You can tell if you right away if you need that canister or not. imo.

IllianaXJ said:
x2 but I just used zip-ties.

No duct tape? I got rid of mine the same time I got rid of the CC. JIM.

Back