• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Rig For Me

GlueNTape

NAXJA Forum User
I was looking around and hoping that the high cost of gas would translate into a cheap Jeep. I was able to get this 98 for a good price. Its purty clean on the inside, and outside. Minor Scratches and what not, but it runs like a top and shifts great.

I am hoping to have it built up over the next month and a half.
P8170134.jpg

P8170136.jpg

P8170139.jpg

I got the plates for her yesturday. I am going to start getting the lift parts and what not now.

There will be a great deal on a 90' in the for sale section soon.

I like the color.. We can be twinzees.

I rolled under it before I bought it. There is some rust on the shocks, and leaf springs, but thats about it.

I can't wait to slap some armor, lift and tires on it...

Start spraying the rear shock bolts with blaster now! Or just figure drilling them out into you lift install. :laugh3:

Very nice!

I actually looked at a 99 2 door last week for the heck of it, but decided to stick with what I got. Very tempting to upgrade though.

What are the plans for this one? Start fresh or transfer parts?

I already sprayed the rusted bolts. They are not very bad at all. The owner had been driving out here and back for a few years. While she was going to school.

I want to start from scratch. I will keep my winch and rear bumper. If I can get a decent price for my white rig, that will move things along. If I can't then I may keep the components. I just want to armor it lift it before wheeling it. I want to keep this on for a long time.

I have a 44 in the garage for it. I want to do a TNT 7.5 with 33's, maybe 35's. I figure with the 7.5 lift, after I load it up witht he winch, rock sliders, skid plates, rear bumper tire carrier, i will net about a 4.5 :)

Thanks JR, I have been browsing the website :). Rember, you guys ever need any projection equipment, we can work out trades :).

GlueNTape said:
Thanks JR, I have been browsing the website :). Rember, you guys ever need any projection equipment, we can work out trades :).

Thanks, don't think the company needs any really, but you never know about me.

Does that have the d35 in it or the 8.25? I have a nice kit to make the d35 handle 33" tires real good ;)

For rock sliders, check out www.pnwfab.com its a friends side business, they make sliders that are probably my favorite design right now.

Sweet deal dave, I just picked up a 94 Grand cherokee limited. with the 5.2.
Its nice to upgrade.

what are you lookin to get out of the 90'?

you better get that bad boy elevated quick like. im on 33s now, your not gunna let me beat you, are ya?

GlueNTape said:
I have a 44 in the garage for it. I want to do a TNT 7.5 with 33's, maybe 35's. I figure with the 7.5 lift, after I load it up witht he winch, rock sliders, skid plates, rear bumper tire carrier, i will net about a 4.5 :)
D44 for the front or rear?

As to the lift, that's waaaaay too big for 33's or even 35's. I'm only running 5.5" RE coils in front and 4.5 RE leaves in back with a 1.75" shackle. Also, I would steer you away from the TnT kit...there are others out there that I think work better.

Nice looking rig, too. That's the color I was looking for when I bought my '98, but it was just too hard to come by. Nice job!

-----Matt-----

WheelinJR said:
Thanks, don't think the company needs any really, but you never know about me.
Let me know, I get nice discounts and I am always willing to trade for jeep parts.

IXNAYXJ said:
D44 for the front or rear?

As to the lift, that's waaaaay too big for 33's or even 35's. I'm only running 5.5" RE coils in front and 4.5 RE leaves in back with a 1.75" shackle. Also, I would steer you away from the TnT kit...there are others out there that I think work better.

Nice looking rig, too. That's the color I was looking for when I bought my '98, but it was just too hard to come by. Nice job!

The 44 is for the rear. Once I move and have full size garage I may embark on building a front.

I was thinking that was way to high, but they rate it for 33's. The one thing I like about the TNT kit is the belly pan. I have read SO many posts on this board and others comparing the BDS 4 link, TNT, and Claytons is makes my head spin. A buddy of mine had a long arm kit that has mounts that hang down, and he is always getting hung up on them. I would really like to avoid that. The itch to go wheeling makes me want to buy an RE 6.5" kit, slap it on and hit the mountains. Of course, I would still be short wheels..

I did see claytons rear coil over conversion.. but you have to save soemthing to aspire too.

Do you rub the hell out of your tires with your setup?

Yeah, I used to have that cool TnT belly pan, but I kept bending it. Also, with the TnT's bent radius arms, the front drive shaft is now the lowest point at the back of the front axle. I'd rather drag my arms and scuff paint than replace drive shafts.

I'd recommend RE springs with Claytons front long arms. I do rub my tires on severe uptravel, but I'd rather do that than be too tall and tippy. Low and stable is the way to be, man! Besides, I can't imagine needing more flex than this:

CIMG5805.jpg

-----Matt-----

Back