• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vendors that Sell Shims?

98XJSport

Destiny is the rising sun
Like the title implys, I will probably be looking for shims in the future. Do any of the NAXJA Sponsers sell steel shims? I easily couldn't find anything browsing thier sites.

Last edited:
I got mine from Tom Woods. You may find cheaper ones, but it will be tough to beat his service. I was having some problems with installing his 242 SYE and called late on a Friday afternoon. Tom answered the phone and stayed late explaining it to me. Then he gave me his cell phone number and told me to call him if I ran into a problem over the weekend. I was impressed and will continue to deal with him.

R.E. has them in their catalog & every off road shop I've ever dealt with has had them in stock. Steel shims usually come with new spring bolts which helps offset the higher price.

I know they are easy to get, lots of places carry them. I was just trying to find a Forum Sponsor to support those that support us.

I know Rusty's has them, thats where I got my last set. But he's not a NAXJA Sponsor.

Back