• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

header help

My buddy has a 01Xj bright yellow (short bus). Hes looking for a header and it was my understanding that a 96 and up would work did they redesign something in 00 that would make 00-01 take a different type of header than the regular high output?

he has a 2001 4.0

i cant rememberexactly but i thinkit gets in the way of the axle pinion. if hes got ove 2" lift he should be fine. someone correct me if i'm wrong

feuer895 said:
My buddy has a 01Xj bright yellow (short bus). Hes looking for a header and it was my understanding that a 96 and up would work did they redesign something in 00 that would make 00-01 take a different type of header than the regular high output?

he has a 2001 4.0
'00 and '01 use a 'Y' pipe and requires a header for '00 and '01.

You can however, if you have the welding skills, get a down pipe from an earlier year and splice it in place of the 'Y' pipe. That will then let you use a different year header. But even that has some issues because the size of the head ports were also changed with the 0331 head and you may have some alignment issues with the header and head ports.

If the '01 has the Calif emissions package, 2 o2 sensors, then things get to be a bit trickier.

00 and 01's have two collectors as well. If you look up the part numbers on Banks for example you'll see two part numbers.

Part #51306
'00-01 Cherokee TorqueTubes system

Part #51304
1996-99 Cherokee TorqueTube system

Back