• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Experiences with Omix-Ada ball joints and parts?

Slowbox

NAXJA Forum User
Hi, my first post here. I've recently picked up a 98 XJ 2wd 4 cylinder (hence my nickname). The front and rear suspension clunks when going over bumpies, so I figger it's time to tear into it and start replacing joints and rubber bits. I've already replaced all 4 shocks to no avail. I'm looking for some good quality ball joints and tie rod ends that may cost a little less than the high prices that NAPA charges but that are still good. Has anybody heard good or bad things about Omix-Ada? Telico 4x4 sells them. Where have people had the best luck ordering parts? I go down to the local Schucks autoparts and they throw out some brand names that I've never heard of.

My tool list so far looks like getting an OTC 8031 ball joint puller and a OTC 7503 tie rod end puller. Does anybody know if I need to remove the Pitman arm to get the rod end off of it? It'd be kinda cool to not have to pull that.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, Bob.

Slowbox said:
My tool list so far looks like getting an OTC 8031 ball joint puller and a OTC 7503 tie rod end puller. Does anybody know if I need to remove the Pitman arm to get the rod end off of it? It'd be kinda cool to not have to pull that.

You do not need to remove the pitman arm for that operation.

I've used MOOG TRE's in the past with good luck, which I've only found locally at Carquest.

Thanks for the great information. I see that my local Carquest charges from a few bucks to as much as $10 more for each part than the NAPA brand parts. Sounds like they are comparable quality from everything I read on the forum. I'll have to report back how it all went when done. Thanks:)

Back