• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Lockright spring kit from Summit?

85xjwoody

NAXJA Forum User
I picked up a used Lockright locker for my d30 and while I had it out decided to get new springs and pins. Took the locker apart and there were four springs and pins.
When I get the spring and pin kit it has eight different springs. Four the same size as what I pulled out and four that fit inside those springs.

Buddy of mine has the same locker for a 12 bolt axle and his locker assembled has the smaller springs inside the bigger ones.

Has anyone come across this when ordering a spring kit and installed all the springs? Did you install the smaller springs also? If so how did it work for ya afterwards?

Kim

Last edited:
Not having a LockRight for a D30 I can,t be exactly sure.But the one i had in a 8.25 used both the springs--small in the large.

Wayne

I tried to get the smaller springs to install with the other set but they won't fit inside the locker. The springs that I took out had a piece of metal on the end that sat against the pin.
With that and both springs I could not get the smaller springs in also. So I set it up the way it was when I got it with only the bigger spring and the metal base that goes against the pin.
Anyone have it installed this way?
Thanks.

Kim

anybody know if the spacers come with the dana 30 lockright? i sold hiiimmered the lockrite and thought that was all that i pulled outta the donor axle and feel like an idiot now, so if anyone knows if there are supposed to be spacers?

Back