• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TJ flares on XJ

ParadiseXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have searched this on :NAXJA: and on Jeep Forum and have yet to come up with a decent write-up or even photos of this conversion. I have some brand new TJ flares that I want to put on the XJ for more clearance and a different look. I know some will say that they'd not do it but I'm gonna do it anyway.

Can anyone help me out??

:helpme:

ParadiseXJ said:
I have searched this on :NAXJA: and on Jeep Forum and have yet to come up with a decent write-up or even photos of this conversion. I have some brand new TJ flares that I want to put on the XJ for more clearance and a different look. I know some will say that they'd not do it but I'm gonna do it anyway.

Can anyone help me out??

:helpme:
Did you try searching the modified tech section? I just tried it with the advanced search feature: "TJ flares" and came up with several threads on the subject.

there was a pretty detailed write up on that subject in JP Magazine not too long ago. they put four rear tj flares on a 97-up xj. you should be able to find it on their website. i'm one of those people that thinks it looks pretty good, if it's done cleanly.

mountainside52.jpg

mountainside53.jpg

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=954545&highlight=flares

There's a pretty good start with some pictures of my own in there. In the front I cut the fender to match the flare and used nuts and bolts with fender washers to hold it on. I cut some off of the flare to in order to allow it to fit flat against the fender. At the bottom where I cut the mounting flange completely off the flare, I used an L bracket with a nut/bolt on the fender, and a nut/bolt on the flare itself. It's worked out great, and looks good too. In the rear I trimmed the flare to fit the body, and then used self tapping screws to hold it on.

88 Wagonman said:
Did you try searching the modified tech section? I just tried it with the advanced search feature: "TJ flares" and came up with several threads on the subject.

Good call - I did NOT search Modified, I'm going there right now - thanks

Back