• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No turn signals but flashers!

Supermanxj

NAXJA Forum User
I have been chasing my turn signals for a few weeks now.

My problem is i have no, zero, zip, nada turn signals.

I have replaced my flasher, turn signal switch, checked fuses and replaced all bulbs.

Still have no turn signals:gonnablow .

What else can i do to get my turn signals back.

And yes i have searched but everyone that has done these things have thier turn signals back.

Josh

I had that same problem with a 95 sport. the 4 ways worked but the turn signals did not. i tried multiple combination flashers, new switch etc. i finally just bought a regular 2 prong flasher and wired up for both of the turnsignals and the flashers. the only problem with this is that they will stay on even without the key in.

Sean

I came up with a temporary fix or possibly the full time fix hehe. anyway from the pinout of the relay i found out a few things.

***** __a*****

***|b __c |d**

***** |e *****

I shorted (a) turn signals to (c) the hazard lights. I then placed a 2 prong flasher in the a&b slots. the only problem is that they work all the time now. not just when the ignition is on. Before this i tried a new flasher ep27 5 pin but it didnt fix it. so just thought i would give this a try. anyway seemed to work.

sean

I'm not sure about the 95 (I have a 90)

On mine there are two separate flashers on the under dash fuse block, one for blinkers, one for emerg. lights.

Lower left for blinkers, upper right for emerg. lights

the 95 is what i have. It is a combination fuse under the dash. the post from above is what i did to solve the problem. It is still working for about 8 months now. Are you in Fairfield below willow street?

sean

I had the same problem on my 95. I replaced everything and couldnt figure it out. Finally, found a broken clip (where the fuse pushes in) at the fuse block. I moved the turn signal power over to an unused fuse and used that. Works great.

Supermanxj said:
Where is willow street????

Josh

Guess your not there hehe. where is fairfield. I know of 3 of them. If you are getting power to the hazards then that method will work. I have done it on 3 of them so far.

sean

I checked my fuse box several times and it seemed ok. Once I unbolted it from the firewall and got a good look at the clips I could see corrosion and cracked clips.

I have turn signals!!!!!

well i have turn signals now!!!

What i did was take the cover off the back of the box that houses the flasher. Then i cut the yellow wire that connects to the flasher and wired an in line 25A fuse to the fuse box where the turn signal flasher fuse #8 was and VIOLA turn sgnals.

thanks for all your help

Josh

Since you've fixed your problem, may I steal your thread? I can't get my turn signals on the pass side to work in the front. Bulb works, flashers work and parking lights work, but that one stinking turn signal doesn't. Any ideas?

Back