• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D44 Install

5.9cummins

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know if it is common to shorten the front drive shaft when installing a Waggy 44 in an 87 xj. I'm installing mine and the drive line is not going to fit. Its all the way compressed and its about 1" short.

Thanks

depends on lift. i installed a d44 out of a ford into my xj with 3.5-4 inches of lift and had to shorten my driveline about 3 inches.

IXNAYXJ said:
I actually thought that at first, until I realized one had an XJ and one had a ZJ.

-----Matt-----

Dude I think you sniffed too much exhaust today. Both are in XJ's, and I have seen that guy crosspost other stuff before.:dunno:

-Alex

Ba-Riedo said:
Dude I think you sniffed too much exhaust today. Both are in XJ's, and I have seen that guy crosspost other stuff before.:dunno:

-Alex
Wow, never mind. Not sure how I got that so wrong.... :dunno:

In any event, the question got answered on PNW and it hadn't been fully addressed here, so mission accomplished.

-----Matt-----

if you have an auto a DS from a manual should fix it.

Back