• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

231 Refill

ILLXJ

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
Changing the ATF in the morning & need to know how much to pick up at the store. My book's at home & I'm at work TIA.

I put slightly over a quart in mine last week. I did have some spillage though ;-)

ILLXJ said:
Changing the ATF in the morning & need to know how much to pick up at the store. My book's at home & I'm at work TIA.

The 231 takes a little more than one quart.

drain the Tcase from the lower drain tap, then top off the case
at the upper inlet tap until just a small amount of ATF drips
out. Close up and test out at low and high.

I would pick up 3 quarts, always good to have an extra
in the shop and jeep

Whats the best atf to put in there? All I saw in the store was dextron III and type F.......

I have been using the Q-state Syn Dextron III Mercon,Mercon V. It stays pretty clean.
Wayne

I have been running Mobil-1 atf in my 98 for the last 160,000mi, made a big diff going into 4lo, as soon as I put it in I noticed the change, smoooooth....
Matter of fact I just got back from the store where I picked up two quarts, doing my serp belt and changing TC fluids today.

YES!!!

My troubled transfer case is working perfect. Before I would have to go in reverse to get it out of 4wd but with the ATF change, rod adjustment and working the shifter back and forth its shift on the fly now. Thanx!

Pick up a spray can of Mobil-1 spray lube and spray the heck out of the linkages. It really should be done every couple of months, keeps them from binding, corroding and rusting.

Back