• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Violent Shaking of Entire Vehicle

Crabapple

NAXJA Forum User
On my '95 whenever I roll off the clutch in 1st or Reverse the car violently shakes if I do anything less than ride the clutch. I just replaced the motor mounts and the transmisson mount appears to be fine. The shaking is so bad I feel that the drivetrain is going to fall out from underneath the vehicle if I drive it any further. Any tips? The shaking hasn't gotten worse since the vehicle was lifted.

Anyway that I can verify that the clutch is gone?

did this start happening after you lifted it? are you sure its not the driveshaft, at a horrific angle

Crabapple said:
The shaking hasn't gotten worse since the vehicle was lifted.

Nope was there before I lifted it, unfortunatly.

yeah well it is possible that there is damage on the teeth of the clutch, have you had any trouble getting it into gear from a stop, or shifting /?

Nope everything shifts to and from fine, except about 50% of the time I can't drop down from 5th to 4th or else i'll grind. I have to go to 3rd then 4th.

:canada: :canada: i'm just a noob but does anyone think it could be related to timing? I had a
F-150 that had a similar problem, I replace the timing chain and dinked around with the distributor until it went away.

MrShaft696 said:
yeah well it is possible that there is damage on the teeth of the clutch, have you had any trouble getting it into gear from a stop, or shifting /?
On the teeth of the clutch?? A flywheel has teeth, not a clutch, is this the blind leading the blind. This is a totaly inane question. If there were bad teeth on the flywheel it would have nothing to do with violent shaking, it would just keep the starter from engaging or make a grinding noise.:flame: Actually if it's in first and reverse it is possiblly a broken tranny mount combined with a weak clutch and the 3.07 gears. My 95 5speed had the same symptoms & it was a weak clutch amplified by the bad trans mount. Check your trans mount.

Back