• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Knock?

paxj92

NAXJA Forum User
Hi I was lucky to inherit a XJ with a bottom end knock.....so i figured what the hell free truck ill drive it till it dies!.....that was 30k ago its now got a 170k and I think its the best vehicle I've ever owned......I've driven this rig to canada 8+ hours for me and several trips to my house up state about 5 hours away with no issues...I know the 4.0 is bulletproof but I wheel it regurally and i dont treat it like it has a knock. I'm starting to wonder whats actually making all the knocking? Some feedback would be much obliged.

it is probaly a rod bearing chattering, the 4.0 was also known to have piston slap as well, the engine in my 94 has a light knock, chatter , has been doing it for over 15000, i changed the rod and crank bearings 16k ago and it started doing it again, oil pressure is good and has not gotten any louder so will drive it until it breaks

Yea I did some searching lastnight. Guess That means i can take it up the mountains this weekend.

Back