• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Injector problems?

ZAX DAD

NAXJA Forum User
Hi there; My son's '90 XJ had an injector that appeared to be leaking profusely between the sol. body, and the plastic portion of the injector. After replacing it with a new one, I started up the rig, and noticed what appeared to be three others, weeping in the same spot. They do not appear to be leaking from the O-rings, but instead where the metal sol. body, meets the plastic portion of the injectors... Is this a common failure? Is it worth the swap to the bosch 19# injectors? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Zax Dad

And just to pour gas on the fire.....

Do *NOT* start that XJ until you get all of the injectors replaced. The exhaust manifold is interleaved with the intake manifold (where the injectors are.) This is a well known fire hazard.

Not to worry! I've already confiscated the keys, when I smelled the fumes the first time! Nobodys going to run it, till it's safe! But I really do appreciate your concern! My Son leaves for Boot Camp tomorrow, So it won't hurt for this rig to sit, while I wait for the "New" Bosch injectors to arrive. Hmmmmmm, Maybe I'll lift it while he's gone? Thanks again.

Best Regards, J.R.

Back