• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1998 Grand Cherokee Hood Vents

comanche91

NAXJA Forum User
WhooHooo! Scored a set of regulation 98 ZJ hood vents and would like ask for install opinions. I plan to mount these in the factory location as shown on the XJ pic below. When Chryco mounted these in the ZJ hoods (and the export Orvis XJ "bonnets" also), they did not punch a big hole in the hood the same size as the vent; they punched six smaller rectanguler holes that corresponded to the individual louvers. I don't have a rectangular hole punch, but I do have set of round Greenlee punches up to 3" dia. I plan on using these punches as I figure it will retain the hood's strength better and not restrict the airflow too much. Opinions?

BritZJVents.jpg

ZJVents1.jpg

ZJVents2.jpg

The hood strength is in the ribs. A few holes in the skin won't change the basic structure. I just hacked some holes that were smaller than the Pontiac Sunbird vents I used. If you nned more airflow, add some more holes.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Back