• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Seam Sealer for floors?

buzxj

NAXJA Forum User
Today I replaced the passenger side floor panon my 95, used 16 gauge steel welded to the frame rail. Around the edges overlapped the sheet metal and used self tappers and jb weld. Used the jb weld as a seam sealer. Is there some type of quick setting stuff I can use to seal the seams easier, jb is expensive and drippy? Preferably something that advance auto may carry. This is the second xj I've done the floors on but this one is much worse! Thanks - Buz

It's not autozone, but you could go to your local automotive paint store and buy some of the caulk they use to seal around truck beds. I don't know what it's called, but it's paintable and real mallable that way it won't crack out when your body flexes.

Last edited:
Go into the store and ask for seam sealer. I did at my local AutoZone and they had it in caulking tubes ready to go.

I'm in the process of testing some other stuff though. I picked up some high grade polyurethane roofing caulk at Home Depot. So far it seams to be working well and is about half the price of actual seam sealer. It sticks really well and doesn't drip, pool, run, or anything when you're applying it.

Eastwood has great products, NAPA carrys seam sealer, I prefer the
'brushable'. What ever you use should remain flexable, doubt JB Weld
remains flexable at all.

The Chrysler seam sealer is extremely flammable, just a heads up!

Back