• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Heater wires under the dash

ALL PLAY

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone ever found the color of the wire that is a common short to the heater blower. Thus causing the fuse to blow.

Any help would be great.

This issues is on a 92xj with AC.

Thanks

Bo

is it blowing fuses or the blower motor resistor in the airbox under the passenger side of the dash?

sounds like you need to replace your motor with a new one.

if its workin only on a couple of speeds then its the resistor which goes out when your motor is on its way out.

easy fix.

Sorry I have'nt reply been out hunting Deer and Elk. Got a 11 point buck at 72 yards with a bow and still hunting Elk.

Back to my issue I replaced the blower motor with a unimotor still blowing the fuse.
Pulled the radio out moved some wires and got it to work. Put the radio back and back to blowing. This is why I think I have a short.

POSXJGuy said:
is it blowing fuses or the blower motor resistor in the airbox under the passenger side of the dash?

sounds like you need to replace your motor with a new one.

if its workin only on a couple of speeds then its the resistor which goes out when your motor is on its way out.

easy fix.
The resistor going out has nothing to do with how long your blower motor lasts. The resistor just hangs in the airstream as a monitor.
My short of the blower moter wire was it was getting pinched when reinstalled. Dont remember the color. Good Luck

Back