• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 5.5" long arm any good??/

emr1101

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone, i got a 99 xj 2 dr 5 speed but may be stripping it of everything except 4.5" rubicon express lift and SYE/ CV shaft. I want to put on a long arm, looking to get a lot of lift enough to run 35s. I saw the 5.5 and i like it, it doesnt seem to get a whole lot of attention though, any reason? I saw one on some website, after hte guy put it on it netted 6.5" front and 7.5" rear, pretty typical of RE stuff (mines def. more than 4.5" of lift). Just curious if theres anything i should know, and i did search, i looked for reviews, comparions, and just plain anything about it.

*ps, if your gonna tell me that this "has been covered", then good for you get off the thread :)

Its been covered, have you tried searching?

There are better options out there. The RE LA kit uses a radius arm set up, which some will say leads to unloading on hill climbs. The frame mounting locations apparently hang down a bit, but I dont know how far.

Look at TnT long arms(which are radius arms as well), Rockcrawlers 3 link, BDS and Full Traction.

My cuz is running it with 35's and its awesome. Gives you crazy flex. Has had it for 2+ yrs and to this day its flexing ability continues to surprise him.

Yea i was looking at Full Traction too, i like theirs alot given its a true 4 link how much lift do you guys think it would give me? I know it says 6" but would it be higher i hope? Ive heard RE gives like 6 or 7 or more, one site said 10 when they first installed it (before it settled of course)

interesting... if i get more then 7inches from my kit ill be pissed. 6is managable. but it would be great if it settles to exactly 5.5

anyone installed these and got to much lift?

Cheers

realistically 5-6" and 35s with lockers will get you over more then most guys will dare... 7+ inches is really overkill unless you are trying to keep the fat chicks out when you stop at the mall.

Back