• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

any tips on putting in motor mounts?

tonexj

NAXJA Forum User
i'm putting in new OEM motor mounts for my 89' 4.0L and its proving to be quite difficult. i cant line up the hole for the bolt no matter how high i jack the motor. im jacking it from the crank pulley, any tips?

It should be easy. When I do Mount's on any vehicle, I will loosen all the mounts, then re neutralize the entire power-train. Keeps anything from being bound.

I jack from under the pan with a wood pad to spread the load. Definitly make sure both sides are loose though.

get a nice long smallish diameter screwdriver, lube up the bushings too. Chances are that you have the holes close, but not enough to slide the full width bolt through. Slide the screwdriver in and wiggle it around to help center the bushing. After the small one then use a bigger one to do the same thing. Should work just fine after that.

Back