• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Re Connecting everything after motor install

jk333

NAXJA Forum User
I just got my 4.0 rebuilt (87 Laredo AW4) re intalled and im having a har time with vaccum lines and wires i ngeneral as to where it all goes. It lloks like i have an extra plug for a fuel injector, but ive already hooked up the other six plugs to the injectors. So......im a little bit lost there. Ill try and get some pics up soon, but im trying to do most of the tedious stuff myself to save on the final bill.

Tag all of your hoses and connectors before you tear it apart. It will make reassembly a breeze.

edit: just re-read your post guess it's a little late for tagging. Keep it in mind next time though.

Exact same style connector fits the Knock Sensor located below intake manifold near oil pan. The Knock sensor generates its own voltage, but can be left unplugged. If the engine is running on all cylinders maybe the extra connector belongs there. Don't know of any other place that connector would go, but somebody else might.

Is there a diagram somewhere of the spark plug wire order? im trying to put them back on and so far ive got the coil wire o , but nothing else.

Blaine B. said:
1 5 3 6 2 4
ok, but starting where? there is a riased spot o nthe top of the cap and nothing labeled #1,2,3. My Haybnes says to start at the spot o nthe cap marked #1 but nothings marked.

You basically have three harnesses. One goes on top of the manifold and plugs into the injectors, throttle body etc. Another goes under the manifold and plugs into the knock sensor, o2 sensor and another sensor that escapes me. The third one runs down the pass side, and connects to the alternator, distributor and starter. It is almost impossible to screw it up, as they connectors are all different. Really, you just need to match them up.

Back