• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear brake compatibility?

whitneyj

NAXJA Forum User
Do the drum brakes from a ford 8.8 swap directly to a 9? I'm not sure what size drums the 8.8 has. . . I'm in the need of some parking brake equipment for a 9" bad.

depends on what years you have. SOME of the late model disks will interchange to the older 9in stuff. just get it new, most parts stores should be able to come up with it. either that or get some wheel chocks

I am hoping to use these guys for my ford 9 disk swap.

http://www.scarebird.com/4436.html

Then use the calipers from 1979-85 Cadillac Eldorado rear since the caliper has a built in parking brake.

From there I am going to try a bronco or ford truck front rotor.

And I plan on using a line lock for the front. But I have had my brakes go completly out the last two trips out. So I need something that doesn't require line presure or one set of wheels over another.

I'm not doing a disk swap, I just need the lever and bar for the parking brake for a 9" and want to know if the ones from an 8.8 swap over.

not a bad thing, I parted a lot of one out to local racers. It is weird that the didn't have them. I have sold them before, it is a good chance that the inventory has changed since then

Back