• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

where to buy a custom driveshaft

tonexj

NAXJA Forum User
definitley know tom woods, but on his site i cant even find an example of a cv style shaft used with a d44/d35 for an xj, with a S.Y.E. and 6" of lift like mine. i wanna see a visual pic and price so i can see what im getting. or should i get a #53005542 front shaft and get in lengthened? i need strength too.

Call Tom Woods,he knows what you need by asking the right questions.Awsome driveshafts with the best service I know of.

If you call Tom and tell him what you need, im sure hed answer your questions.

but from what i can recall a DS should be about $300 or so

Then get the 4" yoke,it will run you about 300-350$.

http://www.carolinadriveline.com/

I love these guys. By far the best CS I've ever delt with. I'm currently on the their second DS because I changed setups. The latest is a 1350 high angle (32 degree).
They do the same as TW for a better price and ship the same day (or the next depending on when you order).

I do not work for them, I'm just a happy customer.

He'll tell you what to measure, and the driveline will be the right length. Have you already installed the SYE? If so, you measure the distance from the t-case yoke to the pinion yoke.

J.E. Reel in Pomona, CA (Jim Reel) also makes very good drivelines. He makes them for many of the competition guys, and he has sponsored me so I have his drivelines. Tom Woods also sponsors NAXJA, so call either one of them and tell them you read about them on the NAXJA forums.

I've run Tom Woods' shafts on two different rigs. The first one is actually a Six States' from back when Tom was running shit there. I've had zero problems with either, and the one in the CJ is ten years old. In fact, I've never even had to change a u-joint in it, grease them up thoroughly after each run and you're good to go.

X2 with J.E. Reel in Pomona, CA
I thought I had a problem with it and sent it back 3 times and got it back at no charge. Great service.

Back