• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How To:

NW-ZJ-SCOTT

TEXAS-JT-SCOTT
NAXJA Member
I broke my speedo cable while swapping clusters. the end snapped right off and stayed on the old cluster. Where do i buy another one? and does it end at the firewall or go threw?

If you can't get the broken piece out of the speedometer you will need to get a new speedometer. If you can get the broken piece out then the only thing you need to do is replace the short section of cable between the back of the cluster and the firewall. It is very simple to do.

The entire speedometer cable is in 2 pieces. One long piece goes from the t-case to just inside the firewall, the other short piece goes from the firewall to the back of the speedometer. They are threaded together. Very simple fix.

.....or hit up the junkyard. I just had to replace mine and they didn't even charge me for it.

All you need is a phillips screwdriver to remove the dash mouldings and gauge cluster.

awesome. cause i did the old-to-new cluster swap and i would like to have my speedo. i'l hit up the u-pull-it this week

Back