• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

body part interchange

Perdido420

NAXJA Forum User
first i would like to say hello.
I would like to know what year body parts are interchangeable with my 93 sport. I have been to a few junk yardsd looking for a front end fenders and grill suround as well as front and rear bumpers. I have found a few 88 xjs there that are in great shape just waiting to find a lil info on if they will fit or not. any help that you guys can give would be great.

All parts between 1987 and 1996 should be interchangeable - and some parts aft of the A pillar from 1984-1986 should also work. The front clip was redesigned in 1987 to accommodate the longer inline six, and from 1997-up the body style was "rounded" in style (the parts will probably still interchange, but you'd be looking at changing the style of the body...)

5-90

The grill and headlight doors off models before 90 or 91 are different. If you change the whole thing you should be okay but you cannot use a 93 grill with 89 headlight doors or visa versa. All of the fenders and bumpers are the same 84-96. Some suppliers also list header pannels up to 90 and then 91-96, but this may also be because of the grill difference.

Back