• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rev or std gears?

HogWash

NAXJA Forum User
I have an 87 cherokee wagoneer.Was wondering what kind of gears I have,reverse or standard.Have a dana 44 in rear(stock),and a dana 30 high pinion(stock).Im looking on ebay for gears right now,need them desperatley.

You probably haven't gotten an answer because most of us, though we try to helpful, have little patience for silly questions. It's not silly that you don't know, it's silly because there is a sticky at the top of this forum with the answer in it. You don't even need to search. Just read for 5 minutes.

I'm not trying to flame you, or be a pain or anything, but you need to at least try to help your self before you ask a rather simple question.:)

Pfft - it's not just the repetition of the question, it's the demand for an answer in 25 minutes. This ain't friggin' Domino's, kid...

Thanks bigwill!:peace: And as for the rest of you,if you have seen my post,you would have known I was new at all this.The last forum I was apart of was nothing like this,so hoorah! to all of you.No hard feelings taken,none given.

It's kinda fun to answer the questions for....oh, the first 10 or 15 times....I was a noob once myself...and on occasion the search feature does not work out...as for axle Q's....Crash's Stickys on the matter are pretty complete..and if you actually have a D-44 in yer "new" heep...you are very lucky...and if you are REAL lucky, the stock gearing is low enough that you won't have to buy new carriers to get some serious gear in 'em. See "carrier break"

Back